Friday, January 20, 2012

That Day Rings a Bell...





The other day I had been searching the internet for something funny for Fun Friday, and as I read a post, I noticed it had the date of September 30th.

At first I thought nothing of it. Then I thought I felt a small little inkling that I should know that date...like it meant something.

I finished reading the post, went back up to the top of the page and there was that date again...September 30th. Staring at me!

Now why did that date ring a bell?

Was it someone's birthday? Had I forgotten to do something that day?

I gave up on it, closed the window and THEN...it came to me!

That had been my wedding date when I was married to my first husband over sixteen years ago! (I've been divorced for 6.)

Yikes!

 I felt so embarrassed. I thought, 'Oops...I guess I should remember that date, huh?'...

Ummmm, nope...why? It's over. We aren't together anymore, and we will certainly never celebrate it again.

It should simply be considered 'just another day'. And that is what it will be...suppose it already is, since I kind of forgot about it...

Just goes to show you time heals......and helps you forget.

(So glad we didn't get married on a holiday!)

Have you forgotten your wedding date? 
If so, how long did it take before you considered it just another day?

No comments:

Post a Comment