Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time Goes By Too Slow After Divorce




I used to think that time was my enemy. 

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick….tock.
The seconds, minutes and hours continuously counting down… pressuring me to make a decision, accomplish something or be somewhere. I was constantly in a race to get to where I wanted to be; literally and figuratively.
But, after my divorce, I noticed that time could also work in the opposite way as well.
When we are waiting in line for something, most of us feel that the time just doesn’t pass by quick enough... When we’re in pain, it always feels like the time will never pass...
One night, after my divorce, I felt triumphant, though still hopeless.
I had done it! I had divorced my husband. I had gone back to work after being a stay at home mom for two years. I had successfully made it through a twelve month legal battle and I was happy! 

So why was so uneasy?
Because, I felt like the clock of life was going too fast. I had no idea what was next...but that clock kept ticking. Going too slow to erase the pain, but too fast for me to catch up on life's plans.
That was over six years ago and to look back and think about it now seems silly to worry about today...
So, here I am; it is March of 2012 and it I realized now that time was never the enemy... always my friend...and a true gift. Time was a tool; patience and faith the key.
I'm right where I'm supposed to be, and although difficult, it's been a glorious journey. 
I was eager for results and too quickly wanted to arrive somewhere..
But I see that when we are patient, we give ourselves the necessary opportunities and experiences we require, to become who we are meant to be... as well as where we are meant to be…
Our destiny, if you will.
So, after your divorce, don't be pressured by the tick-tick-tock of the clock. Be thankful you have that extra time to heal, make choices,  change your mind, grow as a person, or fix a mistake.


Time really is on your side...



Time is a Gift, Use it Wisely
Be thankful that you have that extra time to say you’re sorry, change your mind, grow as a person or fix a mistake.


No comments:

Post a Comment