Monday, July 9, 2012

A Funny Divorce Quote and A Note to Young Lovers


"Whenever I date a guy I think, 'Is this the man I want my children to spend their weekends with?' - Rita Rudner


This quote was funny to me at first, because Rita Rudner is funny, and I'm divorced with children.


But, then I realized, a young woman in love usually dreams about the opposite:
 'Will this guy be a good father and husband?'

That's when I thought this quote was scary.

It's not only imperative that my children choose the right partner for life/marriage, because I want them to be happy and have a healthy relationship and children, if they choose this lifestyle,
but also because divorce is a free right, and very commonly done in the U.S., 
so I want them to consider their rough patches in a more serious light, prior to marriage.

They need to ask themselves, 'If I don't like this now, how will it be if I wind up divorced from this person (which is a dirty business) and co-parenting for the rest of my life with them...

A Note for All Young Loves and Potential Marriages:
It doesn't get better after marriage and it surely won't get better after divorce...
Please pay attention to signs, red flags and issues...

No amount of love and wedding bells, or children, will fix these things.
And, it would be better to reevaluate now, before you live the rough patch, for the rest of your life, 
and as that person's worst enemy because then it's even less fun.

Not a downer, 
just the truth.

Marriage is serious business.
And should not be taken lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment