Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Does Divorce Affect Your Weight?


I was reading this article recently at DivorceMagazine.com that featured a study done by Ohio State University. The article's title claimed divorce can cause dangerous weight gain.

I don't know if that's actually true or not, considering it's just a 'study', but most times I've seen where the trend appears to be the opposite... divorcee's seem to get skinnier after their marriages end.

With the stress of the divorce, the rush of swapping kids (if we have them), doing the chores alone, the sudden shock of being by ourselves...not having anyone to cook for or eat routine meals with... most times divorcees end up shedding pounds.

For me, I did gain some weight after my divorce. But I was under weight most of my marriage; I think  due to depression and anxiety, so for me, the weight gain was welcome. On the other hand, my 'X' lost weight after our split, and ended up thinner than when we first met. That eventually changed after he remarried several years ago.

Though post-divorce-weight-loss most times will make a person appear healthier to the outside world... all too often, the loss is most likely due to stress, and is not a result of  eating healthy or practicing a good fitness routine...

Did divorce affect your weight? How?

Truly,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment