Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Don't Worry

While I was getting divorced I always felt plagued by worry .

I worried about my children being happy and healthy.
I worried about where we would live and for how long.
I worried about what I would do for work.

I sometimes worried so much that I could not enjoy some of the moments that were still very special.

Like times with my children  were growing and smiling.
Like times with my friends when they were telling me such encouraging words but I couldn't hear them because I'd become so pessimistic about my life becoming normal again.

And during the times when I was by myself and instead of embracing the quiet and reflecting on the positive, I worried about, and feared, the future.

Here it is, several years later, and though I can remember the steps leading up to the divorce like they were yesterday, it is now behind me and I am looking forward positively and can't remember the last time I worried about those things I used to.

I had to...it was the way to move on.

Here is something to think about:
'If one burden's the future with one's worries, it cannot grow organically. I am filled with confidence, not that i shall succeed in worldly things, but that even when things go badly for me I shall still find life good and worth living.' ~ A quote by Etty Hillesum

Truly,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment