Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Home is Not Always A House



Many times in marriages a couple will purchase a house.

In my marriage instead of buying one we chose to build one.

It was beautiful house…not too big, not too small…just right, minus the picket fence.

When I got divorced I kept the house for a few years and then relocated to Ohio.

Since I couldn’t take the house with me, nor could I afford it anyhow, I moved into an apartment. 

I like my apartment a lot.

I don’t think I will love it forever, but I am content for now.

Some days I think about a house and feel that I would like another one  and that I’d be happier with one. 

I’ve been in my apartment for several years now and I already feel very happy so would it really make me that happier?

You know what I have found is that when I had a house I wasn’t any happier.  

Actually I was quite miserable.

I will move someday, I just don’t quite know when exactly...In due time I suppose. 

Until then, I am quite certain that I do not need to live in a house to be successful, happy or content.

I have a roof over my head, the people I love, my pets and .... a balcony container garden to get my gardening fix...and ...I don't think I need much more. 

Truly,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment